So this is my first blog post on ActionBar-PullToRefresh. I've been mainly talking about it on Google+ up until now as it simply was not ready for production use. Well today I tagged and push v0.4 of the project, which adds the main missing feature: automatically styling based on your Action Bar style.
First of all here's a video of how it works:
So here's a non-exhaustive list of it's features:
- By default mirrors the Gmail implementation: grow from center progress bar.
- ListView, GridView, ScrollView and WebView support.
- Full ActionBarSherlock support.
- Powerful API which allows complete customisation.
- Automatic styling from Action Bar.
- Allow setting of the displayed text.
See something missing? Create an issue on the repo.
Should I use this?
That's totally up to you, but from my perspective the code is solid (but untested). This type of UX is also not in the Android Design guidelines so you may want to wait to see if it becomes standardised before using this.
By the way, if you're already using this (or planning to) let me know!
OK, I'm sold
Head on over to the GitHub repository then! http://chrisbanes.github.io/ActionBar-PullToRefresh/
There's a lot of information on how to use the library, as well as sample APKs to download and try yourself.