A while ago I wrote Android-BitmapMemoryCache, a cache based off of LruCache
which would cache Android Bitmap objects in memory in a clever way. You can get
the full details from this earlier post
[http://www.senab.co.uk/2012/07/01/android-bitmap-caching-revisited/], but the
bottom line is that it knew when a Bitmap was no longer being used, and so would
I left it like that the past 5 months and I knew it worked. I was aware though,
that developers were looking for something a littlAs you may or not know, I released a small library as part of the work I did for
photup (it was actually created before that) which contained an ImageView which
could be scaled, dragged and double-tapped. Even though I released it onto
GitHub about 2 months ago, I haven’t really maintained it since. Until now. I’ve
spent a good few days improving it, making it better and easier to use, and I
think I’ve achieved both in today’s release: v1.1.
I’ve uploaded the sample app to GoIt’s been a while since I posted. Since then, photup has been release to Google
Play, and after some initial slowness has slowly been gaining traction. That was
until last week, when two things happened: Facebook’s Android app updates, and I
released a dodgy update. The Facebook Android app update doesn’t really worry me
that much, it doesn’t do everything I want and I think photup feels much more
intuitive anyway. The dodgy update (v1.5.2) has a bit of a balls-up from me,
basically I enabled sAfter releasing the first beta
[http://www.senab.co.uk/2012/07/09/photup-v0-9-beta-1/] a couple of days ago,
I’ve been busy at work on the second beta.
* Much improved Facebook Session resilience.
* New Login Screen, with logout.
* New Flow to picking photos (checkmark icon at top right to select, press to
* New Upload Tab (with Swipe-to-Dismiss completed items) to see which photos
* Improved Notifications. Using Progress Bar for ICS, BigPictuIf you’ve seen my Twitter lately you’ll probably have seen that I’ve been
working on a new app called ‘photup’. The basic premise of the app is to share
your photos to Facebook, nice and simple! The easiest way to think about it is
that it’s a Android port of Facebook’s
Camera [https://www.facebook.com/mobile/camera/] app, just without the
unnecessary News Feed.
Just to be clear, this is not connected in any way with Friendcaster or
OneLouder. There is no common code between the apps (other tYou may have read my last post
[http://www.senab.co.uk/2011/12/28/image-caching/] on my techniques in
Friendcaster for caching Bitmaps. In that post I argued against using LruCache
and instead advocated the use of a thin cache based on SoftReferences. The main
reason I argued against LruCache was because of this:
> There is a nice callback in the cache called entryRemoved which gives you the
item after it’s removed, and you would think here is the perfect time to call
Bitmap.recycle(), but do nNow that I’ve got my Pi working a bit more efficiently it’s time to actually
start putting it to use: a media server. This post will detail the initial steps
in getting your Raspberry Pi serving media files from an external drive via
Mount External Hard Drive
The first thing we need to do is get the external hard drive mounted and
read-able. When you plug in your hard drive Debian will not do anything with it,
so you have two options: mount it manually each time or setup Debian to
automaThe Raspberry Pi is pretty easy to overclock due to an inbuilt config file. This
morning I decided to see how far I could push my little Pi.
You can see the full list of options for the config file here
[http://elinux.org/RPi_config.txt]. Just to make clear, overclocking shouldn’t
cause any damage to your Pi (meaning your warranty is fine), overvolting on the
other hand probably will damage it over time. If you use the overvolting options
then a one-time-programmable bit is set, and your warraAfter receiving my Raspberry Pi this weekend, I’ve finally had some time to have
a play with it. My end goal for the little device is to convert it into a NAS
serving media files across my home. For now though I’m just trying to optimise
the Debian image Raspberry Pi distribute.
First off, I enabled SSH Server so I could connect to it wirelessly.
There is a swap partition by default in the image, but it’s not used. This is
good as SD Ca